Land-based salmon partnership central to rebranding one of Sweden’s largest smoke houses

Editorial Staff

Land-based salmon producer Salmon Evolution has entered into a strategic partnership with one of Sweden’s largest smoke houses, Korshags.

The move is part of a rebrand for the Swedish processor starting in autumn 2024 that will aim to reinforce its position as a premium brand in the blue food sector, according to a press release from the company on Monday.

“Korshags’ vision is to change the perception of seafood, making it simpler, more accessible, and tastier, while never compromising on our commitment to healthy oceans and genuine craftsmanship,” said Jörgen Bergqvist, Group CEO of Ocean Collective and Executive Chairman of Korshags Food.

Odd Frode Roaldsnes, Chief Commercial Officer at Salmon Evolution, highlighted the alignment with Sweden’s sustainability focus and the strategic fit with Korshags.

“Validating our concept in a key market like Sweden, known for its strong focus on sustainability, and collaborating with a leading partner like Korshags Food AB aligns perfectly with our strategic plans,” says Roaldsnes.

Korshags, was acquired by newly formed Swedish industrial group Ocean Collective AB in early 2023, which holds an 80% stake, while the remaining 20% is owned by Niklas and Pernilla Korshag.

The company is chaired by Jörgen Bergqvist, with Niklas Korshag serving as CEO. Korshags generates a revenue of SEK 89 million ($8.4 million) and employs 26 people. The company’s production capacity stands at 1,500 tons per year.

Salmon Evolution is the world’s largest producer of land-based Atlantic salmon and is aiming to achieve an annual production capacity of 100,000 tons using their hybrid flow-through system.


Related Articles