On Wednesday, an explosion occurred at Mowi’s fish 400,000 ton annual capacity feed factory at Valsneset in Bjugn in central Norway.
There were no injuries reported, but one silo had material damage, according to the company.
The incident is thought to have been caused by an overheating conveyor belt igniting the fishmeal, and leading to an explosion, according to initial police investigations.
“Production was back to normal Yesterday,” Mowi Communications Director Ola Helge Hjetland, told SalmonBusiness. “We are still looking into the cause of the incident.”